As the temperatures get warmer and days get longer, people retreat to their back porches, verandas, decks, and outdoor living rooms. We gather around grills and firepits to tell stories and commune while we celebrate birthdays, engagements, and random Friday nights.
How can those areas can be enhanced to make evenings more interesting?
Build and enhance outdoor living areas by using decorative pavers or stone accents. Install a firepit or fireplace. Choose outdoor furniture that's comfortable and pleasing to the eye.
White variegation on foliage will reflect off lighting and the moonlight, shining an ambient light into your space. Choose plants like these:
- variegated hostas (Francee, Minuteman, Patriot,
- variegated English ivy
- variegated pittosporum
Choose white flowering plants.
White flowers, or even pale pinks and purples, will grab your attention with light shines off the blooms. Choose plants such as:
- white azaleas (Autumn Angel, Autumn Starlite, GG Gerbing, Glacier, Gumpo White, Snow)
- sweet alyssum
- white hydrangeas (PeeGee, Oakleaf, Annabelle, Snow Queen)
- shasta daisies
- crape myrtles (Acoma, Natchez, Sarah's Favorite)
Think about whimsical plants.
Use weeping or interesting trees and shrubs to give different textures to the area.
- Weeping cherries
- Weeping Japanese maples
- Serpentine and spiral-trained plants
Enhance the area with lighting.
We now offer a line of outdoor lighting that will help finish out your outdoor living area. If you don't want to install lighting, be creative! We now offer a line of outdoor lighting that will help finish out your outdoor living area. If you don't want to install lighting, be creative!
- Use soup cans or old chandeliers to hold votive candles.
- Hang Christmas lights along the banister or railing of your deck to give a twinkle to the area.
For more information about and pricing on our new line of lighting, call Matt at the Grayson location (770-963-8227).